Your new Patio Cover will generally require approval, but we can help you with this process.
Generally, any structure attached to a dwelling or any free-standing structure that is 10 sq meters (about 3m x 3m) and over would require Council approval. In limited circumstances, exceptions may be applicable.
• 1.5m from the side or rear boundary (2m if Patio Cover is located on a first floor level)
• 6m setback from the front boundary
Relaxation to these measurements may be granted in some circumstances. For example, a Patio may be allowed to be built within 900mm of a boundary providing neighboring parties have no legitimate objections and Council also approve. In some cases you may build on the property line, providing a fire-resistant wall is constructed to the height of the new roof. However, this may not be considered an economically viable option.
• If less than 9m in length, the structure can be built within 1.5m of any side or rear boundary (when calculating total length, this includes any existing structures on the boundary).
• Can be built within the standard 6m setback from the front boundary; however, numerous conditions need to be considered.
• Setback distances apply generally to normal residential lots, small lots and unit sites. Acreage lots have different requirements under different local planning schemes.
Roof water must be either piped to the street or connected to the existing house storm water system. Should either of these options not be possible, it may be connected to a rubble pit. The rubble pit must be a minimum of 1 cubic meter in volume and 3m from any boundary.
Yes! Altec will be happy to show you what is required to make your Council Application or will make the Council Application on your behalf. Apart from the standard council fees, there is no additional charge for this serviceCouncil Relaxation B.C.C. Council Relaxation Other Council
Naturally, some terms and conditions apply. Apply today, and find out all about our exclusive finance offers, available to Altec clients only.Apply Today
In building amazing outdoor structures for homes in Queensland.
At Altec, we don’t believe in taking shortcuts or accepting second-rate results.
Altec offers a 10 year workmanship guarantee on all Patio installations.
Altec offers up to a 15 year product guarantee on all Patio installations.
Master Builders Specialising in Patios, Carports, Extensions, Screens and Patio Deck Covers
Choose any Materials You Like – We CAN and DO build with them all
Widest Choice of Brands, Styles and Colours
Operating since 1974
Finance plans to suit your needs
QBCC & NSW Licensed
15 Year Product Guarantee
10 Year Workmanship Guarantee
Professional Design Consultants
Friendly Obliging Staff
Highest Quality of Customer Service
Structures Built to Highest Engineering Standards
Removal of Existing Structures and Debris
Assistance with Insurance Claims
Full Assistance with Council Approvals
©Altec Patios 1974 - 2023 | Phone: 07 3568 9162 | QBCC License # 18399