31st October 2016
Patios are the perfect place to relax and unwind, spend time with friends, or chill with family on the weekends. If you usually wait until the cooler months of the year have passed before giving your patio a thorough spring cleaning, it might be worthwhile switching up your methods. With regular maintenance that you can tackle easily each weekend, your patio will be ready to whenever you need it, regardless of the season.
What you’ll need:
• Hose/pressure washer
• Spray bottle
• Outdoor cleaner.
Handy tip: Work from the roof down to avoid undoing your cleaning efforts.
1. Do a quick check for any roofing damage.
2. Make sure the gutters are free from debris that could block them up or create a fire hazard.
3. Clean gutters if necessary, and if you notice any damage to the roof, contact a professional to have a look at it.
Outdoor furniture maintenance
1. Check for damaged upholstery or frames.
2. Wipe over wood or metal frames with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt.
3. Use white vinegar in a spray bottle on cushions to help combat mould and mildew.
4. If your furniture is often in the shade in a humid environment, putting it in the sunlight can be a handy way to freshen it up.
5. Wipe down the frame and exterior of your barbecue, and be sure to check that the grill plates are properly clean.
1. Remove anything that isn’t bolted down.
2. Sweep the area – do this weekly to help prevent stains from debris build-up.
3. Wet the floor.
4. Apply outdoor cleaner if necessary and/or scrub with a stiff broom.
5. Hose down or use your pressure washer.
Remember: even concrete flooring may need resealing every 2-3 years. When sealing, ensure the concrete is completely dry before applying a sealer. Got wooden decking? Check out our post on resealing your wooden flooring.
Got any questions about looking after your patio? Simply get in touch with us today – one of our experts will be happy to help you out.